Sunday, January 16, 2005

From Today's Sermon

Here's what De Piggy took from today's sermon: To avoid tug-ov-war against God's divine plan, ask God that your dreams may be born within His holy will; that way, your every dream will be blessed by God and will surely come true, when God's will be done.
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14
Have a luvly, Sunday, and a great week!

P.S. If we believe that our current hopes and dreams are not God's will, then we could ask Him to gently turn our hearts and minds only toward what He wants us to do.

6 comments:

Abeni said...

Important part of prayer is recognising that we will what we ask if it is the Lord's will.

Melody said...

Kami, it took me a long while to learn that. Sometimes ah still forget, that's why it was de most important part ov de sermon for me today. Tired ov de tug-ov-war mi-self.

Scratchie said...

Actually our pastor spoke today on the same topic. Last week we celebrated the Baptism of Jesus and he compared it to our baptism whether as infant or as adults.
This week we looked at ensuring that that baptism leads us to God's will. The pastor assured us that evil appears good it appears as that habit that we are unable to kick. And that habit is there because it appealed to us initially. He encouraged us to do our best to give up the glamour that sin presents, saying that it won't happen overnight and for some it may never happen. The important thing is for us to try and continue to try and live as we are intended to.

Melody said...

Scratchie, ah hadn't quite thought ov it that way, but yu raise some good points. Evil does trap more people when it takes de form ov a habit or a yearnin'. I've been yearnin' to make serious money an' return home, but everyfing seems to be leadin' me away from that. Instead ov takin' it to heart, ah just haffe beg God's will be done.

Jdid said...

I guess thats why we say thy will be done. I used to have alot of issues with that but I think I've gotten pass it sort of. Unfortunately it has led me to greater morose and lack of drive on my part.

Melody said...

Jdid, ah kinda understand de 'morose'--why pray, if His will be done anyway? But at least if His will is our will, then we'll be eager for it to be done, right? That's de best ah can understand it.
Sunshine, ah hope yu havin' fun at de convention. Have a great week too!